- The distance of Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Viljandi is ca 155 km
- Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Viljandi starts at 09:00 on April, 30th from Küüni st, Tartu (next to Kaubamaja)
- Only officially registered participants are allowed on the course
- The participant limit is 500
Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Viljandi is open to everyone who have a bicycle, helmet and a desire to experience Italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will give participants race numbers, but those are only for checking and timing the covered distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the police and Motohunt motorcyclists. Riders must obey traffic rules and follow the instructions given by the police and motorcyclists. It is important in order to ensure everybody’s safety.
Gran Fondo Viljandi:
- 40 EUR till 15. January
- 56 EUR 16. January – 28. February
- 64 EUR 1. March – 31. March
- 80 EUR 1. April – 23. April
Registration Fee includes
- Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Viljandi souvenir
- Personal race number
- Transportation of a street wear bag from start to finish
- Mechanic’s aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Plentiful of service points
- Pasta party on April, 29th in Tartu
- Pasta party on April, 30th in Viljandi
- Finisher’s medal
- Secure parking lot for bikes at the finish
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in prize raffle
Registration will be closed on April 23th.
Issuing of the race materials
On Saturday April, 29th from 15:00 – 20:00 in Tartu
On Sunday April, 30th from 08:00 – 08:45 at the start area on Küüni st, Tartu
The participant must show an ID with a picture to obtain race materials.
Participant’s rights and obligations
- The participant must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by the police and motorcyclists.
- Number must be fastened to a handlebar, so it’s clearly visible.
- Participants must wear a CE approved helmet.
- It’s recommended to bring along 2 drink bottles, a spare tire and a pump, also some snacks.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- The participants are provided mechanical and medical aid on the course.
- Participants get a good opportunity to train peloton riding.
- The participants can choose between three groups with different average paces: 35 km/h, 30 km/h and 25 km/h.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.
The participant can experience the feeling of a pro tour, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.