- The distance of Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu)is ca 150 km
- The start of Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu) is on April 29 at 9:00, in Tartu tha parking lot behind Lõunakeskus, II floor
- Only officially registered participants are allowed on the course
- The participant limit is 350
Gran Fondo Estonia is open to everyone who have a bicycle, helmet and a desire to experience Italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will give participants race numbers with timing chips, but those are only for checking and mark down how long it takes to cover the distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the safety cars and Motohunt motorcyclists. Riders must obey traffic rules and follow the instructions given by the police and motorcyclists. It is important in order to ensure everybody’s safety.
Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu):
- 40 EUR until 15 January
- 56 EUR 16 January – 28 February
- 64 EUR 1 March – 31 March
- 80 EUR 1 April – 23 April
Registration fees include:
- Gran Fondo Estonia souvenir
- Personal race number
- Transportation of a street wear bag from start to finish
- Mechanical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Servicing on the course
- Pasta party in Tartu on 28.04
- Pasta party in Tartu on 29.04
- Finisher’s medal
- Secure parking lot for bikes at the finish (Tartu)
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in prize raffle
Registration closes on April 23.
ISSUING RACE MATERIALS
Saturday, April 28 at 15:00 – 20:00 in Tartu
Sunday, April 29 at 8:00 – 8:45 at the start area, Tartu
The participant must show an ID with a picture to obtain race materials.
PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The participants can experience the feeling of a professional cyclist, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
- The participants must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by the safety team on the course.
- Number must be fastened to the handlebar so it’s clearly visible.
- Participants must wear a helmet with a CE certification.
- It’s recommended to bring along sports food, 2 bottles, a spare tire and a pump.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- The participants have a right to mechanical and medical aid on the course.
- Participants get a great opportunity to train peloton riding.
- The participants can choose between five groups with different average paces.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.
Time: April 29, 2018
Start: Tartu, parking lot of Lõunakeskus at 9:00
Finish: Tartu, parking lot of Lõunakeskus, open until 16:00
15:00 – 20:00 issuing of race material in Tartu, on the II floor of the parking lot of Lõunakeskus. Pasta party for the participants will be at the same time.
8:00 – 8:45 issuing of race materials at the start area at the parking lot of Lõunakeskus, II floor, Tartu
9:00 Gran Fondo (Tartu >Tartu) START at the parking lot of Lõunakeskus, II floor, Tartu
16:00 Gran Fondo Estonia finish is closed in Tartu, parking lot of Lõunakeskus, II floor
16:30 Gran Fondo Estonia Tartu > Tartu prize raffle
Organizers have the right to make changes to the regulations and programme.