- The distance of Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu)is ca 168 km
- The start of Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu) is on April 29 at 11:00, in Tartu at the parking lot of Atlantis building (Narva mnt 2)
- Only officially registered participants are allowed on the course
- The participant limit is 350
Gran Fondo Estonia is open to everyone who has a bicycle, helmet and a desire to experience Italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will give participants race numbers with timing chips, but those are only for checking and mark down how long it takes to cover the distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the safety cars and Motohunt motorcyclists. Riders must obey traffic rules and follow the instructions given by the police and motorcyclists. It is important in order to ensure everybody’s safety.
Gran Fondo Estonia (Tartu > Tartu):
- 40 EUR until 15 January
- 56 EUR 16 January – 28 February
- 64 EUR 1 March – 31 March
- 80 EUR 1 April – 23 April
Registration fees include:
- Gran Fondo Estonia souvenir
- Personal race number
- Mechanical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Servicing on the course
- Porridge and coffee before the start in Tartu on 29.04
- Pasta party at the finish in Tartu on 29.04
- Finisher’s medal
- Secure parking lot for bikes at the finish (Tartu)
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in prize raffle
Registration closes on April 23.
ISSUING RACE MATERIALS
Sunday, April 29 at 7:30–10:45 at the start area, Tartu
The participant must show an ID with a picture to obtain race materials.
PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The participants must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by the safety team on the course.
- Number must be fastened to the handlebar so it is clearly visible.
- Participants must wear a helmet with a CE certification.
- It’s recommended to bring along sports food, 2 bottles, a spare tire and a pump.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- The participants have a right to mechanical and medical aid on the course.
- Participants get a great opportunity to train peloton riding.
- The participants can choose between three groups with different average paces.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.
- The participants can experience the feeling of a professional cyclist, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
Time: April 29, 2018
Start: Tartu, Atlantis building (Narva mnt 2) at 11:00
Finish: Tartu, Atlantis building (Narva mnt 2), open until 18:30
7:30–10:45 the issuing of race materials at the start area at Atlantis building (Narva mnt 2), Tartu. Cafe “PÖÖRE” provides morning coffee and snacks.
11:00 Gran Fondo (Tartu >Tartu) START at the parking lot of Atlantis, Tartu
18:30 Gran Fondo Estonia finish is closed in Tartu, parking lot of Atlantis
19:00 Gran Fondo Estonia Tartu > Tartu prize raffle
Organizers have the right to make changes to the regulations and programme.