- Grand Fondo distance is 230-250 km
- Medio Fondo distance is 100-120 km
- Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo start together at August 20, 8:00
- Only registered participants are allowed to ride together
- Participant limit 500
Hawaii Express Gran Fondo welcomes all, who have a bicycle, helmet and who want to experience italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will provide ’race’ numbers and timing chips, but those are only for checking the covered distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the police and Motohunt motorcyclists. For security reasons, riders must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by police and motorcyclists.
Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Estonia:
- 40 EUR until December 15
- 56 EUR December 16 – February 28
- 64 EUR March 1 – May 31
- 80 EUR June 1 – August 13
Hawaii Express Medio Fondo Estonia:
- 30 EUR until December 15
- 42 EUR December 16 – February 28
- 48 EUR March 1 – May 31
- 60 EUR June 1 – August 13
Registration fee includes:
- Hawaii Express Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo cycling jersey
- ’Race’ number
- A street wear bag (transported from start to finish)
- Mechanical aid
- Medical aid
- Plentiful service points
- Pasta party on August 19 at Al Bastione restaurant in Tallinn
- Pasta party on August 20 at Püssirohukelder restaurant in Tartu
- Finisher medal
- Secure bicycle parking after finishing
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in prize raffle
It is mandatory to wear the Hawaii Express Gran Fondo cycling jersey during the ride! All riders without it are not allowed to participate and will be disqualified.
Registration will be closed on August 13.
Issuing the materials
August 19: Al Bastione restaurant, Tallinn, at 15:00 – 20:00
August 20: start area, Viru street, Tallinn, at 7:00 – 7:45
Materials will be issued only for participant ID.
Participants rights and obligations
- The participant can experience the feeling of a pro tour, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
- The participant must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by police and motorcyclists.
- Number must be fastened to a handlebar, so it’s clearly visible.
- The participant must wear a CE approved helmet.
- The participant must wear the Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Estonia 2017 cycling jersey. Jerseys are provided by the organiser (different colours for Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo).
- It’s recommended to bring along 2 drink bottles, a spare tyre and a pump, also some snacks.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- Participants have the right to get medical and mechanical aid.
- Participants get a good opportunity to train peloton riding.
- There are three groups with different average paces: 35 km/h, 30 km/h and 25 km/h.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.