- The distance of Gran Fondois ca 230-250 km
- The distance of Medio Fondo is ca 120-130km
- The start of Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo is on August 20 at 8:00
- Only officially registered participants are allowed on the course
- The participant limit is 350
Gran Fondo Estonia is open to everyone who have a bicycle, helmet and a desire to experience Italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will give participants race numbers with timing chips, but those are only for checking and mark down how long it takes to cover the distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the safety cars and Motohunt motorcyclists. Riders must obey traffic rules and follow the instructions given by the police and motorcyclists. It is important in order to ensure everybody’s safety.
Gran Fondo Estonia:
- 50 EUR until 15 December
- 66 EUR 16 December – 28 February
- 74 EUR 1 March – 31 May
- 90 EUR 1 June – 13 August
Medio Fondo Estonia:
- 40 EUR until 15 December
- 52 EUR 16 December – 28 February
- 58 EUR 1 March – 31 May
- 70 EUR 1 June – 13 August
Registration fees include:
- Gran Fondo Estonia or Medio Fondo Estonia cycling jersey
- Personal race number
- Transportation of a street wear bag from start to finish
- Mechanical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Servicing on the course
- Pasta party in Tartu on 19.08
- Pasta party in Tallinn on 20.08
- Finisher’s medal
- Secure parking lot for bikes at the finish
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in prize raffle
Registration closes on August 13
ISSUING RACE MATERIALS
Sunday, August 19 at 15:00 – 20:00 in Tartu
Monday, August 20 at 7:00 – 7:45 at the start area, Tartu
The participant must show an ID with a picture to obtain race materials.
PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The participants can experience the feeling of a professional cyclist, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
- The participants must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by the safety team on the course.
- Number must be fastened to the handlebar so it’s clearly visible.
- Participants must wear a helmet with a CE certification.
- Participants must wear the official Gran Fondo Estonia 2018 cycling jerseys. The jerseys will be included in the race materials. (Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo jerseys will have different colours)
- It’s recommended to bring along sports food, 2 bottles, a spare tire and a pump.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- The participants have a right to mechanical and medical aid on the course.
- Participants get a great opportunity to train peloton riding.
- The participants can choose between four groups with different average paces.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.
Time: August 20 2018
Start: Tartu, Küüni street, at 8:00
Finish: Tallinn, Toompea, open until 18:00
15:00 – 20:00 issuing of race materials
15:00 – 21:00 Gran Fondo Estonia pasta party for participants on Küüni st Tartus
7:00 – 7:45 issuing of race materials at the start area on Küüni st Tartus
8:00 Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo START Küüni st Tartus
12.30 – 14.30 Medio Fondo finish and catering at Tamsalu
15:00 – 19:00 Washing and catering for participants in Tallinn
18:00 Gran Fondo Estonia finish is closed in Tallinn at Toompea
19:00 Gran Fondo prize raffle in Tallinn
Organizers have the right to make changes to the regulations and programme.