- Grand Fondo distance is 230-250 km
- Medio Fondo distance is 100-120 km
- Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo start together at August 20, 8:00
- Only registered participants are allowed to ride together
- Participant limit 500
Hawaii Express Gran Fondo welcomes all, who have a bicycle, helmet and who want to experience italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will provide ’race’ numbers and timing chips, but those are only for checking the covered distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the police and Motohunt motorcyclists. For security reasons, riders must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by police and motorcyclists.
Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Estonia:
- 40 EUR until December 15
- 56 EUR December 16 – February 28
- 64 EUR March 1 – May 31
- 80 EUR June 1 – August 13
Hawaii Express Medio Fondo Estonia:
- 30 EUR until December 15
- 42 EUR December 16 – February 28
- 48 EUR March 1 – May 31
- 60 EUR June 1 – August 13
Participation fees include
- Hawaii Express Gran Fondo or Medio Fondo cycling jersey
- Personal race number
- Transportation of a street wear bag from start to finish
- Mechanical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Plentiful service points
- Pasta party on 19.08 in Tallinn at Kaarli Grill, Kaarli avenue
- Pasta party on 20.08 in Hugo Treffneri Gymnasium, Tartus
- Finisher medal
- Secure bicycle parking at the finish
- Downloadable certificate
- Participation in the prize raffle
Registration will be closed on August 13.
ISSUING OF THE RACE MATERIALS
Saturday, August 19 at 15:00 – 20:00 Kaarli Grill, Kaarli avenue, Tallinn.
Sunday, August 20 at 7:00 – 7:45 at the start area on Kaarli avenue’s green area, Tallinn
Participants must present an ID card/passport/etc in order to receive their race materials.
Participants rights and obligations
- The participant can experience the feeling of a pro tour, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
- The participant must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by police and motorcyclists.
- Number must be fastened to a handlebar, so it’s clearly visible.
- The participant must wear a CE approved helmet.
- The participant must wear the Hawaii Express Gran Fondo Estonia 2017 cycling jersey. Jerseys are provided by the organiser (different colours for Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo).
- It’s recommended to bring along 2 drink bottles, a spare tyre and a pump, also some snacks.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- Participants have the right to get medical and mechanical aid.
- Participants get a good opportunity to train peloton riding.
- There are three groups with different average paces: 35 km/h, 30 km/h and 25 km/h.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.