Come and enjoy a ride in good company!
Gran Fondo Estonia is a unique cycling event in Estonia – cycling together, same jerseys, and new friends!
Gran Fondo Estonia is on 20th August 2020
Gran Fondo Estonia organizing team
Sepa 24, Tartu 51013
- The distance of Gran Fondo Estoniais ca 250 km
- The distance of Medio Fondo Estonia is ca 110km
- Only officially registered participants are allowed on the course
- The participant limit is 350
Gran Fondo Estonia is open to everyone who has a bicycle, a helmet and a desire to experience Italian cycling culture and food. IT IS NOT A RACE! We will give participants race numbers with timing chips, but those are only to check and mark down how long it takes to cover the distance.
Riders will be safeguarded by the safety cars and Motohunt motorcyclists. Riders must obey traffic rules and follow the instructions given by the police and motorcyclists. It is important in order to ensure everybody’s safety.
Gran Fondo Estonia:
Medio Fondo Estonia:
Registration fees include:
- Gran Fondo Estonia or Medio Fondo Estonia cycling jersey
- Personal race number
- Transportation of a street wear bag from start to finish
- Mechanical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Medical aid at the start, on the course and at the finish
- Plentiful servicing point in Türi
- Servicing on the course
- Pasta party
- Downloadable certificate
- Raffle prizes at the finish
It is obligatory to wear the Gran Fondo Estonia cycling jersey. Participants without the official jersey will be disqualified and cannot participate in Gran Fondo Estonia 2020.
Registration opens soon!
ISSUING RACE MATERIALS
The participant must show an ID with a picture to obtain race materials.
PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The participants must obey traffic rules and follow instructions given by the safety team on the course.
- Number must be fastened to the handlebar so it’s clearly visible.
- Participants must wear a helmet with a CE certification.
- Participants must wear the official Gran Fondo Estonia 2020 cycling jerseys. The jerseys will be included in the race materials. (Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo jerseys will have different colours)
- It’s recommended to bring along sports food, 2 bottles, a spare tire and a pump.
- The last car drives at 22 km/h. Participants, who are slower than 22 km/h, can continue riding on their own responsibility. In case of DNF, the last car will transport the participant to the finish.
- The participants have a right to mechanical and medical aid on the course.
- Participants get a great opportunity to train peloton riding.
- The participants can choose between three groups with different average paces. The paces of the groups are 35 km/h, 32 km/h and 28 km/h.
- All groups have group leaders, whom you can ask for advice or help and whose instructions must be followed.
- The participants can experience the feeling of a professional cyclist, as sports drinks and snacks are offered during the whole ride from the support car.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE PARTICIPANT
- Do not go to the support car yourself during the ride. If necessary ask for help from the group leaders.
- The group rides in two rows. Cycling in three’s or four’s is allowed only to change places inside the group.
- Going across the road’s centre line is not allowed.
- If there is an empty space next to someone then the person behind the empty space moves forward, so that the whole row moves one spot forward.
- If you are left alone move peacefully to the back of the group and you’ll find yourself a new partner.
- Be observant and pay attention to the rider in front of you and their signals.
- If a sudden manoeuvre is made in front of you try to soften it and not overreact.
- If you are paired up with a less experienced rider don’t be afraid to give them tips and instructions to make it easier for them.
- During the ride keep in mind that there are a lot of other riders behind you, whose health and well-being depends a lot on your manoeuvres.
- If you feel tired, slow down and wait for the slower group coming up from behind. Inform you group leader about your decision to stay behind.
- Although in the earlier years we have helped the ones in need by pushing we have decided to not do it anymore; we’ll try to help more with words rather than force. The participants must be able to assess their own limits and choose the appropriate pace group.
Organizers have the right to make changes to the regulations and programme.